Who We Are
Professional Accountants in Business Committee
Professional accountants in business comprise a significant part of the profession working in commerce, industry, financial services, education, and the public and not-for-profit sectors. The Professional Accountants in Business (PAIB) Committee focuses on ensuring these accountants meet the future needs of business and the public sector.
Formed in 1977, PAIB Committee is comprised of volunteers with experience and expertise in the world of business and the public sector, nominated by the professional accountancy organizations that make up IFAC’s membership.
As an advisory group of professional accountants with extensive and diverse experiences, the PAIB Committee considers key global trends in the context of the issues facing chief financial officers and finance functions, as well as boards and their audit committees.
The Committee provides IFAC with:
- Strategic input on business and accountancy issues that need to be addressed, and how to best do so;
- Direct input into IFAC and relevant standard-setting initiatives, projects, and activities, thereby ensuring inclusion of perspectives and issues most relevant to professional accountants in business; and
- Outreach and stakeholder engagement across the global profession.
Thought leadership and global perspectives on topics focused on professional accountants in business are in the Knowledge Gateway.
- Stathis Gould, Deputy Director
- Laura Leka, Technical Manager
Sanjay Rughani, Chair
Tanzania, United Republic of
Stuart Chaplin, Deputy Chair
Hong Kong (Special Administrative Region of China)